Hello! My name is Fernando Campos, founder of Avant Garde Therapy. It is my belief that everyone, no matter their situation, can benefit from investing in their own personal mental health. Investing in yourself is an empowering experience with benefits that will touch every aspect of your life.
Working with each person, couple, and family has provided me a rich variety of experience to recognize the unique and specific needs of those I work with. It is within these connections that I find my most valuable credential; the natural desire and ability to connect to the potential of those I work with. For me, this is my most treasured professional qualification.
Whatever your reasoning for investing in mental health may be, I applaud you for taking the first, and often hardest step in your personal journey towards improved mental health. I can assure you, that taking this step is absolutely worth it!
- I hold a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University.
- I received my License in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2019
- I am a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity Inc.
- I am a member of Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity Inc.
- I have been working within the community as a mentor/counselor since 2011.
- I am trained in various modalities including CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), Solution Focused Therapy, BSFT (brief strategic family therapy).
- I have led various groups specializing in Anger Management, Parenting, Domestic Violence Recovery and Batterers Intervention.
- I have presented as a community educator on the topics of intimate partner abuse and trauma, anger management, family engagement, and counseling within an alternative education.
- I use a variety of alternative techniques to spark motivation in recovering from anxiety and depression.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and appreciate your trust in letting me connect with you personally.